Here’s a dinner idea you can add to your fall/winter menu-however I still ordered this in the dead of summer when we lived in Arizona so maybe it can be a year-round favorite?? I guess it depends on how much you like to sweat 😬? The recipe originated from this chicken recipe I got from a friend. It’s supposed to be shredded and used for chicken nachos so if you have any non-soup eaters you can customize (yea-just what you wanted-to be a short order cook😔). But it’s pretty simple, I almost always have the ingredients kickin around AND it’s very flavorful! Here ya go-lmk what you think!
Chicken Tortilla Soup:
2 lbs chicken breast- cut into tenders sized pieces and heavily seasoned with chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic and herb Mrs. Dash
2 onions- thinly sliced
A couple carrots- diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic- minced
2 quarts chicken stock
1. Sauté the sliced onions in the olive oil for around 5 minutes.
2. Push all the onions to the side of the pot and then brown the chicken on each side.
3. Once all the chicken is browned add it all back into the pot with the minced garlic and the chopped carrots. Pour the chicken stock on top, cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes-1 hour.
4. Check to see if the chicken is tender. It should fall apart very easily (I usually pull it all out and kinda chop it up on a cutting board and then put it back in the Soup.
5. Top with your favorite salsa, spicy quac, a few crushed chips, shredded cheese, whatever you like!